Thank you for considering employment with SGS Chemical Solutions Laboratories Inc. If you feel that your skills and experience are aligned to the career opportunities posted please send your resume using the form on the right.
OPEN POSITION: Lead Chemist – Vitamin Laboratory
- Develop reliable and robust HPLC/UHPLC methods to efficiently separate and characterize fat and water soluble vitamins in a variety of matrices to include dietary supplements and foods.
- Optimize existing vitamin analyses using HPLC/UHPLC instrumentation with a variety of detection systems including MS, PDA, FL, UV, VIS as needed
- Extensive knowledge of chromatography analysis software (Agilent Chemstation preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of chromatography theory, columns and separation techniques.
- Experience performing method development and validation in an ISO 17025 environment.
- Ability to perform maintenance and troubleshooting of HPLC/UHPLC instruments.
- Participate in the development of application project plans, timelines, and deliverables.
- Use sound statistical methodology to validate methods and subsequently analyze corresponding data.
- Remain current on industry trends and innovations related to analytical chromatography and separation sciences.
- Abide by laboratory safety policies and procedures – minimizing laboratory waste and environmental impact of testing.
Business Development Support
- Contribute to marketing and sales efforts by acting as the subject matter expert for vitamin testing.
- Answer technical questions posed by clients regarding this testing.
- Support the sales and marketing team by participating in trade shows, seminars and technical symposia.
- Assist Client Support in providing support for troubleshooting issues reported by customers via phone/email.
- Accompany the sales team on sales calls to provide technical expertise as needed.
- Train laboratory staff to perform testing and review data using developed methods.
- BS/BA, Master’s or Ph.D degree in chemistry or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with analytical chemistry and method development, particularly using HPLC/UHPLC chromatography and mass spectrometry for testing of dietary supplements.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment including the ability to multi-task and run projects in parallel.
- Demonstrate a high degree of motivation and self-direction with the ability to work well both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues and customers at all levels.